Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My easy crock-pot recipe for chicken.

It's not very fancy, but it feeds us. The one meat that I have a lot of is chicken breast because I get a big package of individually frozen ones at the warehouse store. So I am always wondering what can I make with this chicken that is different than a few days ago?

Well, I have been cooking at the cooking/baking class and we have made a few things, but I feel so bad for my husband who just comes home and makes a frozen pizza (we get the inexpensive generic kind from the store) and he is not fond of trying the many neat things that we make in class. So tomorrow I don't have cooking class and I think early in the morning I will:

Defrost 4 chicken breasts
Pour a can of either cream of chicken soup or (my favorite) cream of mushroom soup in the crock pot. I get the cheap soup (that is still low in fat) and it's condensed so I put the soup in first, so I can pour the can of water in, beat it with a whisk and it get smooth before putting the defrosted chicken in.
Arrange the chicken in the soup.
Season to taste.
Put the crock pot on for 8 to 10 hours.
It will be tender.
Drizzle the now cooked soup over the chicken for a nice gravy.
You can serve it with rice. I get Uncle Ben's wild rice medley - that's my favorite.

Makes four servings. If you're only feeding two, you can refrigerate the leftovers, and I believe even freeze them, for another nights feeding!:)

Fancy it's not, but it is easy, and it uses the crock-pot which is such a great time saver. Maybe others can share their recipes. Come to think of it, I don't know if I shared this before! Aw well CRS (Can't Remember Stuff!) kicking in.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sounds yummy Tart! I will see what i can come up with to share with everyone also. Great idea my friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails