Sunday, May 18, 2008

Feeling Hopeful


Navarre, Spain

Now that I'm experiencing Day 1 of No Lithium, I am wondering what the future holds.

Please understand that I am responsibly going off the drug, as per my pdoc. He has been lowering my dose ever since I had a 4-day stay in the hospital (the regular one) for Lithium toxicity. So, I've paid my dues, Believe Me. Oh, did I mention I've been on the stuff for 20 years? So, I've Paid My Dues, Believe Me.


So now I'm pretty hopeful for the future. For the first time in a long time, I could actually reduce the edema (swelling) that I've experienced for so long. I look forward to the new me.


I want to take this moment to thank my regular readers, both here and on my 'Adventures' blog, commenters or not. Knowing that SOMEone, somewhere reads my words and well-meant thoughts means so much to me.


Bipolar is a chronic illness and I will be on meds for the rest of my life. Maybe even Lithium again. But for now I am enjoying the ride, not feeling scary one mood or another at the moment, and so glad for the opportunity.


Sincerely,


The JungleTart

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails